I celebrated the presence of the 'dark' cult for the first time earlier this month. I-Rock happened on the second of October this year. I'd believe it was saturn that moved out of the I-rock charts due to which it happened despite numerous roadblocks and a 'cactus' police commisioner.
Three years back, on Independance day, i set out for this concert along with a few friends(Krish, Prash n Babs) as an innocent, young,''i listen to bryan adams'', college lad arrayed in white. The Rang Bhavan lane was a blackwash as i saw evil in the eyes of all around me. For the first time, i actually felt ''the warm smell of colitas rising up through the air''. Soon, the passes were sold out and we were without em. So, the evening was spent at Subway.
The following year, around Independance month, i didn't wear white. A couple of friends and i set out again. One was a Xavierite. Malhar happened to be on the same day, so a clash followed. Finally, Malhar won a coin toss. However all entry passes were sold out and the evening was spent at Brrrista.
Last year, i was the ''kid with wid a liscense''. A couple of friends again (Nikhil n Parixit this time) n i left my place at 7:00 pm on a Sunday evening for the 6:00pm concert. The Sion-Everard traffic needs no introduction and i drove at a speed that one could measure in inches/min. We touched down on the Western express Highway (with half an hour to go for curtians at Chitrakoot) where i proudly geared up to 3 for the first time in the journey. Half way thru S.V road, - change of plan. Another Irock missed n we spent the evening at a Mocchas in Juhu.
This August, School n college mate Aditya, and I made it to Gateway. I was in Black, n i was evil. We met a few MiB from college there. Then came the police comissioner. Now, I started to feel like a jinx. It was either I-Rock or I. Oct 1st, I let go and irock happened at Chitrakoot. Now i was kinda certain about making it the next day. You know what? ; - I did. We reached the place before time and were there till about 9:30 (that's till my ears started to pop). I was remotely glad for having made it to the last I-Rock ever.....
.... Hmm... not my kinda music anyway....
3 comments:
Nice post dude. You write really well.
thank u, fells good !!
thank u man... glad u put up apost.. will blog away mid december.. afta the en exam ..
Post a Comment